During the summer of 2020 we were out and about filming some of the best seasonal highlights from around the county. We aimed to capture the essence of summer in West Sussex from our sparkling coastline to our verdant green hills and everything in between. We hope we’ve given you some great ideas and inspiration to plan your 2021 holiday here.
Do check our website for some lovely places to stay. There are eco campsites and posh glamping, quirky cottages, comfy boltholes, beach huts and luxury hotels. There’s even some tree houses. But please book your accommodation early – we’d hate you to miss out.
Our #SummerInWestSussex video featured:
- Gravetye Manor – a 16th century Manor house in mid-Sussex. Come here for timeless Sussex luxury, beautiful gardens and delicious food.
- Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens – one of the finest woodland gardens in England. Also has wallabies. Delicious Afternoon tea is a real treat.
- WWT Arundel – see the wildlife on a Wetland Discovery Boat Safari at Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust.
- Goring Beach – SUP tuition and hire for beginners and experienced paddlers with Glo Wellbeing
- Worthing Town East Beach – SUP tuition and hire from K66 Boardriders
- Littlehampton Beach – a kitesurfing haven.
- West Witterings beach – windsurfing, kitesurfing, SUP and surf lessons from 2XS
- Pop-Up by the River Camping near River Adur Ashurst, right next to Kayak Coach for kayak tuition and hire and guided river trips.
- Cobnor Activities Centre Trust – watersports and family activity days in Chichester Harbour
- Mulberry Divers – Selsey based diving and marine education centre providing, snorkelling, diving and free diving courses as well as boat hire for local wreck dives.
- Potters Café – the place to go for fresh Selsey crab and lobster.
- RSPB Pagham – enjoy a guided tour of the beautiful nature reserve of Pagham Harbour
- Nutbourne Vineyard – a small and beautiful family run vineyard producing award winning still and sparkling wines in the heart of West Sussex.
- Pulborough Bridge – hire a canoe or kayak from Chichester-based Fluid Adventures. Basque in the natural scenery of the Arun River.
- Chichester Harbour – An area of outstanding natural beauty, there are 64 miles of footpaths to explore by foot or cycle. You can get out on the water too.
- Cissbury Ring with its far-reaching views is situated in the South Downs National Park and on a clear day you can see for miles over the countryside and out to sea.
- Chalkpit Trails – hire a bike from Amberley and cycle the South Downs Way.
- Paddleboarding – Guided tours on the River Arun with Moxie Unleashed.