With its mix of cool beach vibe and rural idyll, wonderful West Sussex is a great place for a holiday. Set in the South East of the UK we have great connections to London and surrounding areas, and you can easily reach us by train, bus, car or bike. However you arrive, you’ll be very welcome!
In spring and summer, lively seaside towns and beachfront restaurants buzz with life and alfresco dining is a joy. Families love the rock pools and marine wildlife and water sport enthusiasts find adventure on the high tide. Our beautiful gardens burst into bloom and our vineyards grow plump grapes, ready to be made into Sussex sparkling wine. We’ve got castles and museums, eco-campsites and luxury hotels to enjoy. So, what’re you waiting for?
Easy to get to but hard to leave behind, spend your summer with us in West Sussex.
Our #SummerInWestSussex video features:
- Gravetye Manor – a 16th century Manor house in mid-Sussex. Come here for timeless Sussex luxury, beautiful gardens and delicious food.
- Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens – one of the finest woodland gardens in England. Also has wallabies. Delicious Afternoon tea is a real treat.
- WWT Arundel – see the wildlife on a Wetland Discovery Boat Safari at Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust.
- Goring Beach – SUP tuition and hire for beginners and experienced paddlers with Glo Wellbeing
- Worthing Town East Beach – SUP tuition and hire from K66 Boardriders
- Littlehampton Beach – a kitesurfing haven.
- West Witterings beach – windsurfing, kitesurfing, SUP and surf lessons from 2XS
- Pop-Up by the River Camping near River Adur Ashurst, right next to Kayak Coach for kayak tuition and hire and guided river trips.
- Cobnor Activities Centre Trust – watersports and family activity days in Chichester Harbour
- Mulberry Divers – Selsey based diving and marine education centre providing, snorkelling, diving and free diving courses as well as boat hire for local wreck dives.
- Potters Café – the place to go for fresh Selsey crab and lobster.
- RSPB Pagham – enjoy a guided tour of the beautiful nature reserve of Pagham Harbour
- Nutbourne Vineyard – a small and beautiful family run vineyard producing award winning still and sparkling wines in the heart of West Sussex.
- Pulborough Bridge – hire a canoe or kayak from Chichester-based Fluid Adventures. Basque in the natural scenery of the Arun River.
- Chichester Harbour – An area of outstanding natural beauty, there are 64 miles of footpaths to explore by foot or cycle. You can get out on the water too.
- Cissbury Ring with its far-reaching views is situated in the South Downs National Park and on a clear day you can see for miles over the countryside and out to sea.
- Chalkpit Trails – hire a bike from Amberley and cycle the South Downs Way.
- Paddleboarding – Guided tours on the River Arun with Moxie Unleashed.